RULH Schools Closed

RULH Schools are closed today, Tuesday, January 16.

district home
Ripley Union Lewis Huntington
School District
View Ripley Union Lewis Huntington

School Nurse

Halfway through the school year already!

 Well we are officially heading into the second semester and we are already halfway through the school year! So far we have had a pretty healthy year and I sure hope it continues. Flu season is upon us and there is a lot of illness all around us but hopefully we can dodge most of it. A few things we can do to keep ourselves healthy is always washing our hands prior to eating, keeping our hands out of our mouth (this is for those of you who bite their nails...STOP) getting lots of rest, and eating healthy well balanced meals. If you do happen to get sick please stay home and get better. If you are running a fever or vomiting please stay home until you are fever free for 24 hours and the vomiting has stopped. 

High School students that get sick at school have to have a parent call and give permission for them to leave even if they are 18 years of age. Regardless of their age we are responsible for them and parents have to give us permission to let them leave. Some students were under the impression that because they were 18 they could sign themselves out. This is not accurate and we must speak with a parent prior to them leaving. 

Please continue to encourage your child to eat breakfast and lunch daily...this can be at home or at school but students need to eat to perform well. Middle school students seem to be the worst about eating breakfast and lunch. Most of the complaints I get are directly related to not eating, for example, headachae, tired, stomach ache, dizzy, all of these things are typically fixed with some juice and graham crackers. Students don't have to eat a huge breakfast or lunch but they need to eat something and they will be surprised how much better they feel and perform. 
Medications: If your child needs to take medication at school please contact me so we can get the medication to school and fill out the appropriate paper work. Please DO NOT send medication to school with a student and a note to give it. I will not dispense prescription medication without a doctor's order. All prescription medication needs to be brought to the school by a parent or guardian, not sent in with the student. If a student needs over the counter medication, I still need to speak with a parent/guardian and fill out appropriate paperwork. Not contacting me prior to the student needing the medication may cause a delay in receiving it. Again, thank you for understanding the process to dispense medication at school. 

Medication Forms: Students who need to take mediation at school will need to have a form signed by a parent/guardian. Prescription medication has to have a form signed by a physician. I have attached the forms below.

OTC Med Form

Physician Med Form

Prescription Med Form 
We had a rough year last year with illness and so far things are looking better. Please remind students to get plenty of rest, eat well, and exercise regularly to feel good and stay healthy!
Hopefully the 2nd half is as great as the 1st half was! Please call me with any questions or concerns. Thank you. 

Elaine Manning RN, BSN
RULH District Nurse

district home
Ripley Union Lewis Huntington
School District
502 South Second Street
Ripley, OH 45167
Phone: (937) 392-4396
Fax: (937) 392-7003
"Academics. Attendance. Attitude."
© 2018. Ripley Union Lewis Huntington. All Rights Reserved. CMS Login School CMS Created by eSchoolView
View text-based website